Skip to content ↓

Nottingham Girls' Academy

Safeguarding Resources

Here you will find links to websites containing useful information, advice and guidance and sources of support for many Safeguarding issues, including abusive relationships and parenting support. 

If you have any concerns for the safety or welfare of a member of the academy, please contact us immediately and speak to the Designated Child Protection Officer, Mrs Chapman.

To review the DFE Working together to Safeguard Children 2018, click here.

To review the Revised Prevent duty guidance: for England and Wales, click here.

Safeguarding Resources

You can call Chidline on: 0800 1111

For further advice please follow this link: Info and advice | Childline

Police emergency 999

Call 999 if you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.

Police (non-emergency 101)

You can report a crime online here: Contact us | (

You can also call 101. 

The 101 service is for reporting minor and non-emergency crimes, where immediate or high-priority response is not required, and life is not in immediate danger, such as:

  • To report a crime, if the suspect is no longer in the area
  • To offer evidence for an investigation
  • To give the police information about a threat of crime
  • To make an enquiry to the police
  • To verify that a police officer is genuine
NHS (111)

Use NHS 111 online ( or call 111 if you think you need medical help right now.


You can access advice here: YoungMinds | Mental Health Charity For Children And Young People | YoungMinds

If you are a young person, you can find advice here: Mental Health Support For Young People | YoungMinds

If you are a parent of a young person, you can find advice here: Parents Mental Health Support | Advice for Your Child | YoungMinds


They offer practical and emotional support so that you can enter adulthood with the confidence you need to achieve your full potential. Discover ways we support young people below or use the search bar to find services in your local area.

Support for young people | Barnardo's (


We're the UK's leading children’s charity. We’ve been looking out for children for over 130 years – and we couldn’t do it without you.

Due to an increase in demand across our services, our voice Helpline is currently operating between the hours of 10am–4pm Monday to Friday.

However, you can email at any time. It’s free and you don’t have to say who you are.


To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116 123 (free from any phone), email or visit some branches in person.

Anti bullying Alliance 

They offer a range of advice and support regarding bullying. If you feel that you are being bullied or your child is. Advice and support can be found here: 

If you're being bullied (


The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command, or CEOP Command, is a command of the UK's National Crime Agency (NCA), and is tasked to work both nationally and internationally to bring online child sex offenders, including those involved in the production, distribution and viewing of child abuse material, to the UK courts.

Under 18 and worried about online sexual abuse?

To report, click this button to visit the CEOP Safety Centre.


The National Crime Agency's CEOP Education team aim to help protect children and young people from online child sexual abuse.

If you would like further information and resources regarding online sexual abuse, please use this link: CEOP Education (


If you're experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else, you can call SANEline on 0300 304 7000 (4.30pm–10.30pm every day).

National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK

Offers a supportive listening service to anyone with thoughts of suicide. You can call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK on 0800 689 5652 (6pm–3:30am every day).

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) 

You can call the CALM on 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight every day) if you are struggling and need to talk. Or if you prefer not to speak on the phone, you could try the CALM webchat service.


If you would prefer not to talk but want some mental health support, you could text SHOUT to 85258Shout offers a confidential 24/7 text service providing support if you are in crisis and need immediate help.

The Mix

If you're under 25, you can call The Mix on 0808 808 4994 (3pm–midnight every day), request support by email using this form on The Mix website or use their crisis text messenger service.


If you're under 35 and struggling with suicidal feelings, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm and bank holidays 2pm–10pm), email or text 07786 209 697.


If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, you can call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630 (10am–10pm every day), email or use their webchat service. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+.

Urgent mental health helplines (England only)

If you live in England, you can call a local NHS urgent mental health helpline for support during a mental health crisis. Anyone can call these helplines, at any time.

These helplines offer similar support to a crisis team. The NHS website has more information on urgent mental health helplines, including how to find your local helpline.


Nottingham City - Local Safeguarding Arrangements

Call the link - Safeguarding Children - Nottingham City Council

U.K Government's Statutory Guidance for Safeguarding

Please visit the U.K Government's website here for more information on working together to safeguard your child.