Hands. Face. Space. Be Alert.
All pupils must wash their hands using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, far more frequently than usual.
When they cannot use soap and water, they must sanitise their hands using the numerous dispensers we have installed on site.
They should do this when they:
- Arrive on the academy site.
- Finish using the bathroom.
- Enter and exit the buildings.
- Enter and exit classrooms.
- Enter and exit the canteen and dining area.
All pupils (apart from those that are exempt) must wear a face covering in communal areas.
Communal areas include:
- toilet areas
- dining areas and queues (apart from when seated in the dining room)
- outside spaces (apart from in PE, dance or drama lessons)
They will mostly remain optional in classrooms, although a small number of pupils sat near the front of some of our smaller classrooms will be asked to wear them throughout their lesson in that room.
All pupils must remain at least 2m from each other whenever possible and should always aim to be more than 1m apart.
When this is not possible – for example, when they are seated in classrooms – they must avoid being face-to-face.
Pupils find this most difficult at break and lunch times, which is why ‘outside spaces’ have been added to the list of communal areas in which a face covering must be worn.
This new measure is effective from 2 November 2020.
A vital precaution in controlling and reducing transmission of coronavirus is to be alert to the symptoms.
If any member of your household develops any of the symptoms – even if you are convinced it might be related to another illness - your whole household MUST self isolate for 14 days.
In this situation please inform the school immediately and arrange for a test.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste– this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Who needs to do this?
Pupils must comply with these measures at all times.
- Hands MUST be sanitised at ALL of the appropriate places.
- Face coverings MUST NOT be worn below the chin in communal areas.
- Food and sweets MUST NOT be shared.
These are not just measure to keep themselves safe.
Many families in our community have vulnerable family members who they need to protect and shield. This is particularly important as we enter these winter months.
These are therefore measures to keep their friends, their families and their friends family members safe, by doing all we can to reduce the transmission of Coronavirus in our school community.