Admissions: Transfer to Secondary
How to apply for a Year 7 place in September 2022
If your child is going to secondary school in September 2022 AND you live within the Nottingham City Council boundary, you must apply for a school place through the coordinated admissions scheme:
The closing date for applications was Sunday 31 October 2021.
You can no longer use the Capita system to apply online after the above deadline but you can still view any applications you made prior to the closing date as per the link below:
Please contact the School Admissions Team on 0115 841 5568 or email email@example.com to request a paper application form to apply for a place in Year 7 in September 2022 once the above deadline date has passed.
Pupils are admitted at the start of, and during, two main stages:
- Secondary year 7 (age 11)
- Secondary post-16 (age 16)
a) 162 full time places - year 7
d) 150 full time places - post 16 (including all year 11 pupils at the Academy who choose to stay on for their post-16 education)
2021-2022 Timetable for Hearing Admission Appeals
As an Own Admission Authority, and in accordance with the provisions of the School Admission Appeals Code, the Nottingham Girls’ Academy is required to set a timetable for hearing any appeals that are lodged.
If you wish to lodge an appeal for a place at the Nottingham Girls’ Academy during 2022/23 then you need to have regard to the following dates and timescales:-
- National Offer Date (for year 7, September 2022) – 1 March 2022
- Deadline for lodging an appeal – 3 April 2022
- Deadline for hearing on-time appeals – 21 June 2022
NOTE: Appeals lodged after 3 April 2022 will, where possible, be heard by 21 June 2022. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 21 June 2022, it will be heard within 30 school days of the date of receipt.
- Appeals for late applications – for applications made after 31 October 2021 (the closing date for the receipt of applications for transfer to secondary school) appeals will, where possible, be heard by 21 June 2022. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 21 June 2022, it will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
For all other admissions, please refer to the Admissions: In-year page