Admissions: Transfer to Secondary
If your child is going to secondary school in September 2020, you must apply for a school place through the co-ordinated admissions scheme via the link below:
These forms can be accessed online from 6 September 2019 and all forms should be returned to Nottingham City Council by midday on 31 October 2019.
Pupils are admitted at the start of, and during, two main stages:
- Secondary year 7 (age 11)
- Secondary post-16 (age 16)
a) 150 full time places - year 7
d) 150 full time places - post 16 (including all year 11 pupils at the Academy who choose to stay on for their post-16 education)
2019-2020 Timetable for hearing Admission Appeals
As an Own Admission Authority, and in accordance with the provisions of the School Admission Appeals Code, the Nottingham Girls’ Academy is required to set a timetable for hearing any appeals that are lodged.
If you wish to lodge an appeal for a place at the Nottingham Girls’ Academy during 2020/21 then you need to have regard to the following dates and timescales:-
- National Offer Date (for year 7, September 2020) – 2 March 2020
- Deadline for lodging an appeal – 30 March 2020
- Deadline for hearing on-time appeals – 16 June 2020
NOTE: Appeals lodged after 30 March 2020 will, where possible, be heard by 16 June 2020. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 16 June 2020 it will be heard within 30 school days of the date of receipt.
- Appeals for late applications – for applications made after 31 October 2019 (the closing date for the receipt of applications for transfer to secondary school) appeals will, where possible, be heard by 16 June 2020. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 16 June 2020 it will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
If refused admission, you should contact the Academy, in writing, to lodge an appeal. Please mark your envelope 'Admissions Appeals'.
For all other admissions, please refer to the Admissions: In-year page.