Admissions: Transfer to Secondary
How to apply for a Year 7 place in September 2023
If your child is going to secondary school in September 2023 AND you live within the Nottingham City Council boundary, you must apply for a school place through the coordinated admissions scheme:
The closing date for applications is Monday 31 October 2022.
You can apply online from 5 September 2022 as per the link below:
Please contact the School Admissions Team on 0115 841 5568 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper application form to apply for a place in Year 7 in September 2023 once the above deadline date has passed.
Pupils are admitted at the start of, and during, two main stages:
- Secondary year 7 (age 11)
- Secondary post-16 (age 16)
a) 162 full time places - year 7
d) 150 full time places - post 16 (including all year 11 pupils at the Academy who choose to stay on for their post-16 education)
2021-2022 Timetable for Hearing Admission Appeals
As an Own Admission Authority, and in accordance with the provisions of the School Admission Appeals Code, the Nottingham Girls’ Academy is required to set a timetable for hearing any appeals that are lodged.
If you wish to lodge an appeal for a place at the Nottingham Girls’ Academy during 2022/23 then you need to have regard to the following dates and timescales:-
- National Offer Date (for year 7, September 2023) – 1 March 2023
- Deadline for lodging on-time appeals – 22 March 2023
- Deadline for hearing on-time appeals – 16 June 2023
NOTE: Appeals lodged after 22 March 2022 will, where possible, be heard by 16 June 2022. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 16 June 2022, it will be heard within 30 school days of the date of receipt.
- Appeals for late applications – for applications made after 31 October 2022 (the closing date for the receipt of applications for transfer to secondary school) appeals will, where possible, be heard by 16 June 2023. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 16 June 2023, it will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
For all other admissions, please refer to the Admissions: In-year page