The aim is to ensure that every child receives the best education possible by creating and maintaining a safe, secure and positive climate for learning in a calm and purposeful environment based on the premise that all pupils are safeguarded.
To achieve this we:
- Protect children from maltreatment
- Prevent impairment of children health or development
- Ensure children are educated in a learning environment which is consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Take action to enable all children to have the best life chances.
All staff must take responsibility and be accountable for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.
We believe that:
- All children and young people have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children and young people need to be safe and to feel safe in the academy.
- Children and young people need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
- All children and young people have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs.
- All children and young people must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other.
- All children and young people have the right to be supported to meet their emotional and social needs as well as their educational needs – a happy healthy sociable child/young person will achieve better educationally.
- All Staff can contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk taking behaviours.
- All staff have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
The following links include statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children and safer recruitment.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education: For Schools and Colleges
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Prevent Duty Guidance for England and Wales